Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

How to Configure Tenda Mesh Wifi with New Magenta Home Fiber Box?

oculardexterity

Frage

I have just moved to a new apartment, and have a new Magenta account, which has given me a black Home Fibre + box.

In my old apartment, I had a Tenda Mesh Wifi set up connected to my Magenta box. (I think I put the router into bridge mode in order to set this up).

However, it doesn't seem to be possible to access any kind of configuration options for the new router (nothing on 192.168.0.1, as on my old box).

Any ideas? Thanks!

2 Antworten auf diese Frage

Hello @oculardexterity,

you can test the follwoing steps:

Instructions how to configure Tenda Nova Mesh Wifi which uses the Tenda Mesh app.

- Download and install the Tenda Mesh app on your smartphone or tablet.

- Open the app and create a new account or log in to your existing account.

- Power on your Tenda Nova main router and wait for it to boot up.

- Connect your smartphone or tablet to the Tenda Nova's default Wi-Fi network. The default SSID and password can be found on the label at the bottom of the router.

- Open the Tenda Mesh app and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. This will typically involve selecting your region, setting up a Wi-Fi network name and password, and creating an administrator password for the router.

If you are having trouble configuring your Tenda Mesh Wifi, you can contact Tenda support for assistance. You can find their contact information on the Tenda website. -> https://www.tendacn.com/de/service/team.html

Here are some additional tips:

- Make sure that your Tenda Nova mesh routers are powered on and within close proximity to each other during the setup process.

- If you are having trouble connecting to the Tenda Nova's default Wi-Fi network, make sure that you are entering the correct SSID and password.

- If you are still having trouble, you can try resetting your Tenda Nova mesh routers to factory defaults. The reset button is typically located on the back of the router.

I hope, this helps 🙂

Kind regards, JD.

Am 26.2.2024 um 10:43 schrieb oculardexterity:

However, it doesn't seem to be possible to access any kind of configuration options for the new router (nothing on 192.168.0.1, as on my old box).

Yes, the new router only has a few settings in the Mein Magenta App.

Configuration via a web browser it not available.

Am 26.2.2024 um 10:43 schrieb oculardexterity:

I think I put the router into bridge mode in order to set this up

The new router does support bridge mode, but it can only be turned on by contacting technical support.

You don't necessarily have to put the router into bridge mode, but I can understand that you might prefer this option.