Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

New Fiber Box Issues: No Web UI, Port Forwarding Problems, and Reduced Connection Speed – Please Help!

ProtoBen

Frage

Hi all,

I received on friday the new Fiber Box (the black one that looks like the old UPC fiber box) because my previous one was not stable and pretty warm during usage (the support under the box melted...).

But now I have a tone of problems... first of all, there is no web UI to set-up the box???????

After, I have a server at home for my work and I'm not abl to get any port-forwarding working, I followed every steps explained online for setting up the port-forwarding but it's not working, I'm not able to access any data from my server outside of my network... Is there like a request to do to Magenta to get that activated or what?

Also since the swap, my connection has been reduce by half... Is the box that bad??

Thanks in advance for the help

2 Antworten auf diese Frage

Hi @ProtoBen

Yes, this new Home Box Fiber doesn't have a WebUI. The settings of this router can only be changed with the Mein Magenta app.

By default, Magenta coaxial-cable-internet uses IPv6 DS-Lite. In this mode you don't get a public IPv4 address and can't do port forwarding (regardless of IPv6 or IPv4).

To get port forwarding back you would need to contact customer support (technical hotline, chat in the Mein Magenta app or maybe even a private message via social media).

Am 30.10.2023 um 19:35 schrieb ProtoBen:

Also since the swap, my connection has been reduce by half... Is the box that bad??

How did you test the Internet speed?

kind regards NTM

On 10/30/2023 at 9:46 PM, NTM said:

How did you test the Internet speed?

Plugged directly via ethernet to the box no other device connected via cables nor Wi-Fi and using the speedtest by ookla.

I have the gigakraft 500 and when I upgraded my old contract to this one but with the old box, I was reaching the 450/500. But now since the swap, never reaching higher than 300.