Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

Vertrag transfer and upgrade

Sandro7

Frage

Hello everyone,

Sorry I have to write this in english as I am arriving in Vienna soon, I am starting to learn german but I am not very good yet. As I am moving to Vienna I got the internet contract from the previous tenant of the appartment I am renting transfered to me. I just got the contract transferred to me and looked it up more in detail and just found that it was the "Take IT super max (Digital Telefon + Fiber Power)" contract. However I am not able to find any information on how fast it is etc... Additionnaly, I do not need any digital telefon, I just need internet. I will arrive in Vienna on the 2nd of January so I will probably have more detail then and call the helpline when I get an Austrian phone number but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what this subscription is exactly. I googled it and it might be an old contract that has never been updated so I was wondering if, for someone like me who just need fast internet (for one person) there could actually be a better option.

Thank you for your help and advices and sorry for the bad google translation following this:

Hallo, alle miteinander,

Tut mir leid, dass ich das auf Englisch schreiben muss, da ich bald in Wien ankomme. Ich fange an Deutsch zu lernen, aber ich bin noch nicht sehr gut. Als ich nach Wien ziehe, habe ich den Internetvertrag vom Vormieter der Wohnung, die ich miete, an mich übertragen bekommen. Ich habe gerade den Vertrag an mich übertragen bekommen und habe ihn genauer nachgeschlagen und festgestellt, dass es sich um den Vertrag "Take IT Super Max (Digitales Telefon + Glasfaser)" handelt. Ich kann jedoch keine Informationen darüber finden, wie schnell es ist usw. Außerdem benötige ich kein digitales Telefon, ich brauche nur das Internet. Ich werde am 2. Januar in Wien ankommen, also werde ich wahrscheinlich mehr Details haben und die Hotline anrufen, wenn ich eine österreichische Telefonnummer bekomme, aber in der Zwischenzeit habe ich mich gefragt, ob jemand eine Vorstellung davon hat, was dieses Abonnement genau ist. Ich habe es gegoogelt und es könnte ein alter Vertrag sein, der nie aktualisiert wurde, also habe ich mich gefragt, ob es für jemanden wie mich, der nur schnelles Internet benötigt (für eine Person), tatsächlich eine bessere Option geben könnte. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe und Ratschläge und entschuldigen Sie die schlechte Google-Übersetzung.

2 Antworten auf diese Frage

Hello @Sandro7

Yes, the UPC Take IT Super Max is an old contract from the time before T-Mobile Austria and UPC Austria merged to create Magenta Telekom.

The last version of this plan had unlimited data with up to 75 Mbit/s Download and up to 7,5 Mbit/s Upload for 31,99€ per month + 1,25€ monthly Internet Service Fee. But there were also other versions of this plan for the same price with up to 35 Mbit/s Download and up to 4 Mbit/s Upload or up to 42 Mbit/s Download and up to 10 Mbit/s Upload.

But these Take IT super max plans are set to go away by the end of February 2021 and be replaced, by a plan with unlimited data up to 150 Mbit/s Download and up to 15 Mbit/s Upload for 35€ per month and 27€ annual service fee. Both the monthly and annual fee of the new plan have value retention (=Wertsicherung) which is common for all current Magenta internet plans. The information about these changes should have been send out via E-Mail or regular mail in the last 1-2 weeks. There have been reports that uses with the up to 75 Mbit/s download and up to 7,5 Mbit/s Upload version of this plan (and another similar plan) currently get only 35 Mbit/s download and 4 Mbit/s upload due to an error in Magentas' system. It is unclear at the moment if the issue will be resolved for the two months. But when the new plan takes effect at the start of March the new maximum speeds should be unlocked. But due to the nature of DSL, which is highly dependent on the length of the copper wiring, not everyone might get the full 150 Mbit/s. If you switch to another plan before or after, there should be no issue.

You can read more about this here (in German):

For the Take IT plans Magenta (and previously UPC) is using the DSL last mile from A1 because there is no Coax-Cable last mile from them available. The current Magenta DSL plans are called Magenta Fix. If don't need speeds like 75 or 150 Mbit/s there are also cheaper options like the Fix 40 with unlimited data up to 40 Mbit/s download and up to 10 Mbit/s upload for 25€ per month and 27€ annual service fee (with value retention) or if you are enlargeable (below 27) the Fix Youth 50 with unlimited data up to 50 Mbit/s download and 10 Mbit/s upload for 22€ per month (till the end of 2023 then 26€ per month) and 27€ annual service fee (with value retention). All of the Magenta Fix (as well as gigakraft Coax-Cable) plans have telephony included. You can't opt out, but it doesn't cost you anything extra if you don't use it. Detailed information about the Magenta Fix plans can be found in the following document (in German): 

https://www.magenta.at/content/dam/magenta_at/pdfs/consumer/eb/InternetFix/20200825.pdf

Gast
Dieses Thema wurde für weitere Antworten geschlossen.