Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

Fiber Box uPnP port forwarding

Rudi Zhang

Frage

10 Antworten auf diese Frage

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Rudi Zhang:

sames like that route is blocking me to use public IP to visit my NAS in internal environment. Maybe any solution?

NAT loopback is not supported by the software of the Fiber Box (a lot of basic free modems don't support this). If possible, use the local IP-Address of the NAS when connected to WiFi or ethernet. 

If it is a big inconvenience, you would need to buy a router which supports this feature (most name brand models do) and connect it to the Fiber Box.

Hi @Rudi Zhang

The Magenta internet connections with the Fiber Box (1 & 2) use IPv6 by default. With IPv6 there are no port forwarding options. In order to use port forwarding your Internet connection would need to be switched to IPv4. You can request this change over the phone or send a private message to Magenta on Facebook or Twitter. It my take a few business days until your request ist processed. When the configuration changes the Fiber Box will reboot.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Rudi Zhang:

Will be possible to enable both IPv4 and IPv6? So I can use both for different purpose

Unfortunately, Magenta doesn't support full IPv4/v6 dual stack. It's either IPv6 dual stack lite or IPv4 only.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Rudi Zhang:

For my old router it does support

What did you use before?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Rudi Zhang:

Modem A1 WLAN Box (Zyxel DX3101), i moved from A1 to Magenta.

Okay, yes A1 does support full IPv4/IPv6 dual stack on DSL (not DSL+LTE Hybrid) and FTTH. And the DX3101 does support this too.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb NTM:

Hi @Rudi Zhang

The Magenta internet connections with the Fiber Box (1 & 2) use IPv6 by default. With IPv6 there are no port forwarding options. In order to use port forwarding your Internet connection would need to be switched to IPv4. You can request this change over the phone or send a private message to Magenta on Facebook or Twitter. It my take a few business days until your request ist processed. When the configuration changes the Fiber Box will reboot.

Thanks!!!! I will try that! Will be possible to enable both IPv4 and IPv6? So I can use both for different purpose

Bearbeitet von Rudi Zhang

vor 5 Minuten schrieb NTM:

Okay, yes A1 does support full IPv4/IPv6 dual stack on DSL (not DSL+LTE Hybrid) and FTTH. And the DX3101 does support this too.

It's really a shame that fiber box doesn't support ipv6 port forwarding, but it doesn't matter, I can switch my NAS to ipv4 and I hope I won't encounter network congestion.

@NTM I switched to IPv4 and it's working. But there is another problem. My PC connect to router, my NAS is XXX.cloud.com DDNS by IP. I can visit XXX.cloud.com when not using WLAN or using IP when using WLAN. But when i use WLAN, i can't use XXX.cloud.com to visit my NAS. it said "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED", sames like that route is blocking me to use public IP to visit my NAS in internal environment. Maybe any solution?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb NTM:

NAT loopback is not supported by the software of the Fiber Box (a lot of basic free modems don't support this). If possible, use the local IP-Address of the NAS when connected to WiFi or ethernet. 

If it is a big inconvenience, you would need to buy a router which supports this feature (most name brand models do) and connect it to the Fiber Box.

Ok! Thanks for that! :):)