Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

Connecting to Magenta

konstory

Frage

Hello Experts,

I'm a new tenant in a flat that had Magenta internet connected in the past. By the looks of it it was a DSL line with a btv 01-UPC outlet. 

The questions I have are:

1) What speeds and stability can be achieved over this? is it even worth bothering with or should I just have fiber to ethernet connected? My concern is that coaxial technology might have some interference and signal quality loss during peak traffic hours? I don't know anything about the network here, it might as well be just fine if it's fiber to the building then coax to the flat. Please let me know. PS: I did check the available tariffs at my address and it suggested I had fiber up to 1 Gb/s available.

2) Is there any other way to get in contact with Magenta other that by calling the hot line for a new (yet to be) subscriber? 

Any input on this will be very much appreciated.

626bc1eb4f28d_photo1651226782(1).thumb.jpeg.87779e08c30542fca4da8f8acce9f0d4.jpegphoto1651226782.thumb.jpeg.72b7b4bb58c2cd83e7131b0ae656c841.jpeg

4 Antworten auf diese Frage

Hi @konstory
This seems to be a rather new cable outlet for Magentas' HFC network.
In terms of stable speeds, it really depends on the usage in your area (more specifically the usage on the exact node).
If it is a rather new building it might have fiber to the building and then coax into the flats.

If you are concerned about stable speeds, I would recommend not going with one higher tier options.

With the gigakraft gaming 300 for example would be able to access all the DOCSIS 3.0 channels and the wide DOCSIS 3.1 channel for added capacity. The DOCSIS 3.1 channel is currently only available on this plan and gigakraft 1000 plan.

As a cheaper option you could also go for the gigakraft 100 plan.

Might I ask what your current internet-solution is?

Also, if you don't want a 24-month contract you can get Magenta HFC internet without the 24-month commitment.

The 24-month commitment is tied to the xyz months for free offer. If you opt-out of this offer and pay the monthly rate from the beginning, you don't get locked in to a 24-month contract. If you sign up in a store, there is a page detailing the offer. When this page gets crossed out you opt-out from this offer. The opt-out should also be possible when ordering online by adding that you want to opt-out from this offer in the comment-field.

For you second question you can also send a private message to Magenta on Facebook or Twitter.

LG NTM

P.S.: I'm currently a subscriber with a slightly older gigakraft 75 plan (overprovisioned to about 80 Mbps).

vor 46 Minuten schrieb NTM:

Hi @konstory
This seems to be a rather new cable outlet for Magentas' HFC network.
In terms of stable speeds, it really depends on the usage in your area (more specifically the usage on the exact node).
If it is a rather new building it might have fiber to the building and then coax into the flats.

If you are concerned about stable speeds, I would recommend not going with one higher tier options.

With the gigakraft gaming 300 for example would be able to access all the DOCSIS 3.0 channels and the wide DOCSIS 3.1 channel for added capacity. The DOCSIS 3.1 channel is currently only available on this plan and gigakraft 1000 plan.

As a cheaper option you could also go for the gigakraft 100 plan.

Might I ask what your current internet-solution is?

Also, if you don't want a 24-month contract you can get Magenta HFC internet without the 24-month commitment.

The 24-month commitment is tied to the xyz months for free offer. If you opt-out of this offer and pay the monthly rate from the beginning, you don't get locked in to a 24-month contract. If you sign up in a store, there is a page detailing the offer. When this page gets crossed out you opt-out from this offer. The opt-out should also be possible when ordering online by adding that you want to opt-out from this offer in the comment-field.

For you second question you can also send a private message to Magenta on Facebook or Twitter.

LG NTM

P.S.: I'm currently a subscriber with a slightly older gigakraft 75 plan (overprovisioned to about 80 Mbps).

Hello NTM,

thanks a lot for your advice. I do believe it to be an HFC network given the suggested availability of fibre connection in that building but was looking to get a confirmation from the company. If it is I am more than happy to settle for a 300 Mbps plan. By chance do you know if a contract can be arranged in any of Magenta's stores or does it have to be a specific one?

Cheers