Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

Possibilty to change to another type of internet

Lawrence

Frage

Hello and sorry for having to write in english but i am coming with yet another issue related to my internet.This time i am looking to change to another type of internet but i already have this contract for over a month or so.Currently i have the Magenta Internet Flex 150 and is becoming unusable due to extremely low speeds and high packet loss.My question is,is there any possibility to change to another type?Like a dsl one or the gigakraft,these being more stable than the 4g one that i currently have. I used the telematica website to check my address and there are a few dsl options available but i am not exactly sure what they mean so i decided to ask here before going down to one of their stores so i could be able to talk more in depth about things there.Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Untitled.png

Bearbeitet von Lawrence

4 Antworten auf diese Frage

Hi @Lawrence

Yes it is possible to switch to another technology
According to this screenshot Magenta could offer you a Fix 20 DSL plan via VDSL2 at best (line 2). Unfortunately the other higher speed option (35,2 Mbit/s Down and 6,5 Mbit/s Up) which involves the aggregation of multiple DSL lines ins‘t available from Magenta.

The Fix 20 plan would cost 23€ per month and also has the same annual service fee (29,99) as your current plan.

If it ins‘t possible to downgrade to a cheaper plan in the process you could also switch to the Hybrid 150 plan. Hybrid is a combination of 4G and DSL. But since you already have a poor 4G experience this might carry on with the Hybird plan unless you remove the Sim from the Modem and only use DSL (which is possible). Also the 4G router you have probably gotten from Magenta (the ZTE MF289D is the default router for the Flax 150) has a better 4G modem then the one found in the Hybrid Router.

Of course ideally Magenta coax-cable internet (gigakraft and gigakraft gaming plans) would be available. Have you checked the availability for that yet? If not you can do this on the following page: https://www.magenta.at/verfuegbarkeit/

Maybe you could also move to the 5G network if the other options don‘t work for you. The gigakraft 5G 250 would cost the same as the Flex 150 in terms of monthly and annual costs but has a one time fee of 49€ for the 5G Router. Maybe the store has loaner 5G Routers available.

regards NTM

edit: also I’ve noticed this is me more or less iterating what I‘ve written here: 

Bearbeitet von NTM

vor 9 Stunden schrieb NTM:

Hi @Lawrence

Yes it is possible to switch to another technology
According to this screenshot Magenta could offer you a Fix 20 DSL plan via VDSL2 at best (line 2). Unfortunately the other higher speed option (35,2 Mbit/s Down and 6,5 Mbit/s Up) which involves the aggregation of multiple DSL lines ins‘t available from Magenta.

The Fix 20 plan would cost 23€ per month and also has the same annual service fee (29,99) as your current plan.

If it ins‘t possible to downgrade to a cheaper plan in the process you could also switch to the Hybrid 150 plan. Hybrid is a combination of 4G and DSL. But since you already have a poor 4G experience this might carry on with the Hybird plan unless you remove the Sim from the Modem and only use DSL (which is possible). Also the 4G router you have probably gotten from Magenta (the ZTE MF289D is the default router for the Flax 150) has a better 4G modem then the one found in the Hybrid Router.

Of course ideally Magenta coax-cable internet (gigakraft and gigakraft gaming plans) would be available. Have you checked the availability for that yet? If not you can do this on the following page:  https://www.magenta.at/verfuegbarkeit/

Maybe you could also move to the 5G network if the other options don‘t work for you. The gigakraft 5G 250 would cost the same as the Flex 150 in terms of monthly and annual costs but has a one time fee of 49€ for the 5G Router. Maybe the store has loaner 5G Routers available.

regards NTM

edit: also I’ve noticed this is me more or less iterating what I‘ve written here: 

Unfortunately when i input my address in their availability check it only shows the internet flex options but i know for sure that some of my neighbours have other types of internet from magenta not this 4g thing that i got which is horrible honestly.My biggest issue is with the high packet loss that happens all the time.

Adding to my comment here,i have been in contact with someone on the lteforum.at , they said that i do have a dsl connection at my home so why isn't it showing on the availability check?I just need a stable connection without any sort of packet loss for video/voice calls and maybe some games from time to time.I work from home and when packet loss is happening the calls get distorted,they stop for a few seconds or crash altogether.

Bearbeitet von Lawrence

Hi @Lawrence
The publicly availability check just doesn't check anything involving an A1 DSL connection for some reason (so DSL and Hybrid).

But both are available in store or over the phone when Magenta coax-cable (HFC/hybrid fiber coax) isn't available.

Here is a document with details regarding Magenta Fix DSL plans (in German):

https://www.magenta.at/content/dam/magenta_at/pdfs/consumer/tarife/internet_fix/20210727.pdf

The minimum contract duration of 12 months only applies when no offer is used (currently either the first two or four months free). With the offer it is 24 months.

And here are the documents for the Hybrid 40, Hybrid 75 and Hybrid 150 plans (all in German).

3 hours ago NTM wrote:

Hi @Lawrence
The publicly availability check just doesn't check anything involving an A1 DSL connection for some reason (so DSL and Hybrid).

But both are available in store or over the phone when Magenta coax-cable (HFC/hybrid fiber coax) isn't available.

Here is a document with details regarding Magenta Fix DSL plans (in German):

https://www.magenta.at/content/dam/magenta_at/pdfs/consumer/tarife/internet_fix/20210727.pdf

The minimum contract duration of 12 months only applies when no offer is used (currently either the first two or four months free). With the offer it is 24 months.

And here are the documents for the Hybrid 40 , Hybrid 75 and Hybrid 150 plans (all in German).

I decided to go tomorrow morning down to their store and ask if they can replace it with a dsl connection,other than that i have no idea what else to do since the packet loss is making the internet almost unusable in some situations.

Gast
Dieses Thema wurde für weitere Antworten geschlossen.