Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

Blocked websites and throttled internet speed

Lawrence

Frage

Hello and sorry for writing this in english but my german is pretty bad.So,my issue here is that around 2 weeks ago i changed to another internet package from Magenta(Internet Flex 150),seems to work fine during certain times of the day but from 18:00 to around 22:00 my speed is severely throttled and i experienced packet loss.And on top of all of this since 3 days ago i haven't been able to access Steam,neither the website or the windows application.So far i did antiviruses scans,malware scans,restarted the internet router,reseted it to factory settings,nothing seems to work.My last option will be to call their hotline to ask for help there but i'm not sure if they even have an english one.I'm posting this hoping that i may have missed something and the solution is very simple.Thank you for taking time to read this and again my apologies for having to write in english.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

2 Antworten auf diese Frage

Hey @Lawrence

Your Steam problem might be the same as in the following topic (unfortunately no solution just yet).

Lower data speeds in the evening happen regularly when connecting over a mobile data network due to congestion. Since you share the capacity of your closest cell site with other customers who use the Magenta network in your area. Especially in the evening in the time when everyone comes back from work and going to bed the networks are used a lot more compared to other times during the day. The plans on the Magenta mobile network are categorised with each category getting a different level of performance. This categorization is especially noticeable during the evening peak. The Flex 150 is in category D (on a scale from A to K). The gigakraft 5G 250 which has the same monthly and annual costs but a 49€ onetime fee for the 5G Router would be in category B on the 4G network and can also access the 5G network. If you previously had an older plan (back when it was called T-Mobile) this plan was probably in category B. Also, it would be interesting which Router you currently have because depending on what is available in your area you might not be able to tap into all of the capacity of the Magenta mobile network with your current equipment. Furthermore, if available at your address you should switch to a Magenta gigakraft/gigakraft gaming plan which use the coax-cable network or a Magenta Fix plan which use the DSL/FTTH network (when coax-cable isn't available).

You can check the availability for the gigakraft and gigakraft gaming plans here: https://www.magenta.at/verfuegbarkeit/

And here you can check what is possible over DSL/FTTH at your location. After you enter your address select the "Für Technik-Verliebte - Alle Herstellungsdetails basierend auf Ihrem Standort" option to get a table with all of the details.

On the topic of your website being blocked by the Internet protection add-on (Internetschutz): This can only be changed through customer support. You could also try to get in touch with customer service in written form through the contact form or a Facebook or Twitter private message.

regards NTM

Ok so to do a little update,i ended up sending them a message on the website,not sure now if that is what fixed the issue or not but earlier this day i unlocked the website,which makes it work but for around 5 minutes then it gets locked again,and restarted the router and haven't had any more issues.The whole thing seems weird and i still am not sure what really fixed the problem.