Zum Inhalt springen

Magenta Community

Ordering internet online

Brkus

Frage

Hello good people.

I'm new to Vienna and I wanted to get my internet from Magenta. I'm currently at a temporary flat and plan on moving into my permanent residence on 1st of December. I was wondering if I can order gigakraft 250 to be delivered at my current address and put my new address as one where I would like to use it. So my question is when does the billing period start? If I order now and it arrives lets say next week I won't connect the modem for another week or so. Will I be billed for this period or will it start once I start using the internet?

I would really dislike if 1 of first 3 free months goes into a week where I'm not even using the internet. :)

Thank you for your help in advance.

3 Antworten auf diese Frage

When ordering online you can enter an alternative delivery address for the modem.

The billing starts when you start using your internet connection but at the latest five days after the connection was activated.

The connection should be activated within 1 - 2 weeks.

Also keep in mind that a technican might need to activate your connection and maybe needs to check the connection from inside the flat.

It woulnd't hurt if you check with Magentas' customer service to see what would need to be done.

Couldn't really get an answer from customer service seems that English is a problem for them.

If I order online should I put my current home address or work address as delivery one? I'm not home from 7-18h every work day. Do they leave package on your doorstep if you aren't home or just notice to pick it up at post office. I'm guessing that delivery will be during workdays.

So if I wanted internet at my new flat from 1st of December I should order now?

Magenta usually delivers with DPD. If you are not home the package would typically be brought to a partner store for pickup. 

If the company you are with allows it, it might be better sent it there as some of the DPD partner stores might be closed due to the 2nd lockdown.

It is hard to say when it would be best to order in the current situation.

If there are delays, you might not have it when you move in. If a technician needs access to the flat, you will need to get an appointment when you already moved in (which also might not be on December 1st).

So yea probably order now. If everything goes smoothly you have it by December 1st but (and if it’s too fast might lose a day or two).

But in the case, it doesn't do smoothly you can always get a prepaid Sim with unlimited data. 

Magenta would also offer an unlimited data prepaid option but as you need a special stater pack for this plan you can get a prepaid sim with an unlimited data option at a lot of supermarkets, gas stations, etc.

Gast
Dieses Thema wurde für weitere Antworten geschlossen.